157 OLD SOUTH ROAD, BREADALBANE
Dating from the 1850s and located only two hours from Sydney and 50 minutes from Canberra, 'Raeburn' is one of Australia's finest colonial homesteads. The magnificent estate has been painstakingly restored and stunningly modernised in conjunction with Howard Tanner and Peter Fudge. Set on 150.6 hectares of prime grazing country overlooking the breathtaking Breadalbane Plains, this offering represents a rare opportunity to become the next custodian of a truly enchanting piece of Australian history where echoes of bushrangers, polo players and a great pastoral family abound.
- A beautifully renovated neo-Georgian, heritage-listed homestead imbued with colonial history positioned on a rise with a northerly, quintessential deep Australian vista.
- A working cattle property with multiple bores and dams, yards, underground tanks, hardwood fencing and original iron gates.
- Expansive home with 13-foot decorative ceilings, marble fireplaces, magnificent cedar staircase and millwork, stone cellar.
- Lavish attention to detail, European wallpapers, Perrin & Rowe tapwear, Fanuli lighting and a state-of-the-art five-oven Aga.
- Flexible floorplan with guest wing and 'gentleman's smoking room' or 9th bedroom.
- Stable complex boasts three stalls, tack room, groom's room and carriage house.
- Six acres of grounds including walled orchard and vegetable garden, championship tennis court, pool, croquet lawn, truffière.
- Six-car hardwood garage or vast function room.
- An easy drive to Sydney and Canberra, wineries and gourmet country restaurants, private, peaceful and connected.
Bruce Eason | Ken Jacobs Christies International Real Estate
Mobile: 0419 282 848
Ken Jacobs | Ken Jacobs Christies International Real Estate
Mobile: 0407 190 152
Office: (02) 9328 1422