The heart and soul of Old Bowral is encapsulated within these character laden walls. If the pressed metal ceilings could talk they’d speak of over a hundred years of life enhanced by its virtues; the freedom of being able to stroll to town, the warmth of a roaring open fire place and a floor plan which has evolved over time to allow for both a genteel way of being and one which is relaxed, real and free flowing.
The formal living and dining rooms are of a superb scale and are book-ended by a rip roaring open fire place and the prettiest built in bar – just the thing to fuel wintry evenings! A library flows from here and boasts built in joinery and a beautiful framed view of neighbouring gardens. The family room with built in window seat opens to the covered northern terrace and is well connected to the renovated kitchen - making entertaining and conversation a breeze.
A stand out feature is the generous studio space - currently used as a creative hub but which has scope to be utilised as a large playroom, media room or additional guest room. Storage is abundant and well planned and there is an additional work space also with its own separate access, creating even more flexibility for those wishing to work from home. A study as well as the quintessential front verandah overlooking the gardens’ spoils and sunsets beyond, provide more spaces for retreat when desired.
- Gorgeous established cottage gardens, provide one of the prettiest settings in Old Bowral
- Polished timber floors, high ceilings, Hydronic heating throughout
- Return verandah with westerly and northerly orientation
- Wunderlich pressed metal ceilings and original coloured glass windows feature throughout
- Renovated kitchen with stone benchtops, servery, two Miele ovens, gas cook top and dishwasher
- Library has built in joinery and boasts picture windows framing the neighbouring garden skyscape
- Formal lounge opens to dining and features built in bar area, decorative cornices, and gorgeous checkerboard lino tiles
- Main bedroom has original brick fireplace ( not used), built-in robes, external access to the return verandah and also an ensuite (shower, vanity and toilet) – which is dually accessed from the family room.
- Bedrooms 2 and 3 each have original fireplaces (not used), built ins and enjoy views over the front garden and beyond to the west.
- Family room has built in window seats (with storage) and access to the north facing covered entertaining area. Also has a servery to the kitchen.
- Abundant storage cupboards in the hallway and a separate bonus box room to boot!
- Studio has floor to ceiling joinery on three sides and external sliding glass doors to the outside northern terrace, skylights and built in desk area
- Bedroom 4 is located near the second bathroom and laundry – perfect for guests.
- Separate study with built in desk and joinery
- Workroom at the rear of the home has loads of storage and external access – perfect for a work from home scenario
- Double garage
Eiderslie - full of personality and spirit with plenty of potential for the next custodian to add to the story.